What is Super Smash Bros?
Super Smash Bros. is a Nintendo crossover fighting game. It has gone through many installments since its original release in 1999 and features beloved fighters and content from series including ‘Super Mario’, ‘Minecraft’, ‘Donkey Kong’, ‘Megaman’, ‘The Legend of Zelda’, ‘Sonic: The Hedgehog’, ‘Metroid’, ‘Kingdom of Hearts’, ‘Kirby’, ‘Final Fantasy VII’ and ‘Pokemon’.
How does EPIC Ipswich run Super Smash Bros?
The short answer is ‘Flip the Swich’ host a local monthly tournament organised by us. This tournament is always held on the First Saturday of each month in 2022, the first tournament commences on the 5th of March. Registration opens a week prior to the event and closes the Wednesday 3 days before the event. This is to ensure event organisers to arrange brackets and pairings. The tournament is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, all participants must bring their own Switch dock, GameCube Adapter and all necessary cords.
Flip the Swich Setup
To Participate in the tournament, all participants must have the latest version of the game, all characters (including DLC) must be unlocked and must bring their own equiptment.
The In-game ruleset is as follows:
- Stock: 3
- Time Limit: 7:00
- Random Stage Selection (for friendlies): See stage list
- Items: Off & None
- Stage Hazards: Off
- Pausing: Off
- Handicap: Off
- Team Attack: On
- Damage Ratio: 1.0x
- Team Attack: On
- Radar: Big (default)
- Name: Please set your ruleset to “Queensland Ultimate”
Entrance fees should be paid in CASH at the check in desk upon arrival
(if you don’t have cash on hand the venue allows for cash to be withdrawn with any purchase)
- $10 tournament entry
- $5 event fee (covers usage of internet and monitors at the venue)
- $5 discount if you bring a full setup (Monitor, switch with dock and all cables, gamecube adapter, most recent update of smash with all DLC and characters)
- There will be a few monitors available on site, the first people to claim these will still get a setup discount even if they did not bring a monitor.
- If you want to guarantee a setup discount please bring a monitor.
- 10:00am: Venue Opens for friendlies and setup
- 11:00am: Singles Pools begin
- 12:00pm: FGC Showcase begins
- 2:00pm: Pro, Amateur and Redemption brackets begin
- 6:30pm: Tournament wrap up
To sign up to the next Flip the Swich Tournament HERE
Additional Information to Note:
There is no age limit, however should minors be in attendance an adult or guardian accompanying them is recommended. Should an adult come with there is plenty to keep them busy throughout the day as the venue has darts and pool available.
The venue has a no BYO food or drink policy (you can bring a water bottle though) but fear not, a full menu of in house made food and drink is able to be purchased within the venue.
Scores should be reported via either laptops present within the room or at the TO desk
*Attendees are expected to bring their own controllers
For a more full list of the rules, click HERE